Located in the South of Amsterdam, RAI is the largest exhibition and conference center in the Netherlands. Founded in 1893 as the Bicycle Industry association, it has become one of the leading exhibition and conference centers in the world and is hosting the major part of the international exhibitions and conventions, held in Amsterdam.
The expo center is located at the A10 Southern Ring Road of Amsterdam and is quite easily accessible by both public transport and a car. It takes just 10 minutes by train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam RAI station, which is about 300 m walk from the exhibition center. The cost of the trip is €3 – €5.10. You can reach RAI also by the tram line 4 that runs between RAI (Europaplein station), Amsterdam’s city center a
nd Amsterdam Central Station. A further very convenient option is to travel by Metro – Line 51 runs regularly between the Amsterdam Sloterdijk and Gein stations and stops at the RAI Amsterdam station. As Amsterdam’s biggest exhibition center, RAI features 11 multifunctional halls available for exhibitions, cultural or sports events and a Congress Centre with 22 conference rooms, hosting up to 1 700 persons.
At the RAI premises you will find some self-service restaurants, as well as two with a waiter service – La Ronde and the Brasserie. Note however that at lunch time during big shows these are usually crowded and the queues in the restaurants are quite long. Organize in advance catering at your stand for your team and your guests, so you will avoid the long waiting and the wasted time. The exhibition center hosts also its own theatre – RAI Theatre, which is one of the largest in Amsterdam and offers a rich program with leading national and international productions – movies, concerts, shows.
Upcoming shows for Easy Exhibit at RAI
- PLMA 2018: Also known as “The World of Private Label” Trade Show, existing for more than 30 years, brings retailers and manufacturers together to find and develop new products and to expand their markets. Showcased products include foods and beverages, cosmetics, health and beauty, household and kitchen,
garden DIY and others. In 2018 PLMA will take place from 29.05 to 30.05.
- IBC 2018: The International Broadcasting Convention is one of the major international Media, Entertainment & Technology shows, taking place every year inRAI Amsterdam. The dates of the show for 2018 are 14.09 – 18.09.
What to pay attention to
- Unlike many other expo venues, the safety measures and restrictions at RAI Amsterdam are extremely strict. If you would like to visit your stand during the build-up days, have in mind to bring safety shoes with you. No one is allowed to enter the premises without safety shoes and if you don’t have your own, you need to rent a pair for €40.
- Other important thing to consider is that only taxis operated by the company TCA can pick you up at the RAI. During certain bigger events, there are TCA taxis waiting at the entrance of the complex and in case you can’t find any – just ask at the reception and they will call a car for you.
- Consider also that car parking at RAI for exhibition visitors is quite pricey – prepare €15 per day if you are coming to the show with your car
Exhibition day is over? Take some time to enjoy the area
- Experience a canal boat trip: The RAI serves also as an access point for canal boat trips. From there you can board the special RAI Canal Boat to explore Amsterdam on water or to take your team and your guests from the RAI harbor to a hotel or to some other location in the city.
- Stay active: At RAI you will find a Hello-Bike parking spot from where you can rent a bike by a mobile phone application. Experience the city like a local and ply the exceptional cycle paths of Amsterdam, then leave the bike at the most convenient for you dedicated parking spot in the city.
- Visit a spectacle at the RAI theater: You can choose from variety of movies, musicals, theater plays during your stay in Amsterdam – check out the program of the RAI Theater here http://www.rai.nl/en/theater/calendar/.