DSEI (Defense and Security Equipment International) is one of the world leading events in the Defense Industry, taking place every second year in ExCeL, London. It is a professional exhibition thus admission is restricted to professional and business visitors who have been invited.
About the exhibition
In 2019 DSEI will take place from 10th to the 13th of September, with opening hours from 9:30 to 17:00 o’clock. More than 30 000 professionals visit each edition of the show- among them Ministers, International Military and Armed Forces, Delegations, private sector companies and key industry players. Delegations often include top decision makers in the Defense industry that develop future operational strategies and shape future policy.
DSEI is organized by Clarion Events.
Explore the venue
DSEI takes place in one of the biggest exhibition venues in London – ExCeL. It is situated very close to City Airport and can be accessed via DLR (Docklands Light Railway) at two stations – Prince Regent Station and Custom House. Traveling from all major airports of London takes from 1 to 1,5 hours and can be very challenging in this extremely busy city. In order to ensure your quick and easy transportation to the venue and to avoid long taxi queues and crowded public transportation it’s recommended that you book transfers for your team.
ExCeL offers a great variety of restaurants, free WiFi all over the venue, many cloakrooms, print and copy center and a shop, offering plenty of useful exhibition stand supplies. For further information about ExCeL London read our dedicated article here.
What to pay attention to
- Remember to preregister: The access to the show is restricted to professional and business visitors who have been invited and you have to register at the website of DSEI.
- Badges: After registering at the DSEI website, you will receive an email confirmation and your badge will be sent via post to you. If your badge doesn’t arrive before you leave for the event you will have to collect it from the East Entrance (DLR – Prince Regent). Note that if you are arriving to ExCeLby car, you have to park at the West Entrance – where the visitors’ car parking is situated – and then need to get the DLR from Royal Victoria station two stops to Prince Regent Station to collect your badge.
- Have your ID with a picture with you: Like at other Defense exhibitions, the security levels at DSEI are very high. All people attending the exhibition should carry and present on request an identity document – passport, picture ID, military ID, driving license or national identity document.
- Plan your transportation:As mentioned above, the location of ExCeL is far from the major London airports and form the city center, therefore a detailed planning of your transportation is necessary. The best solution to save time and to ensure your stress-free experience would be to book a transfer for your team – a car or a minibus will bring you from the airport l to the venue, to the city center or your hotel. This will also allow you to gather your team and arrive together to the exhibition and the time you will spend in the car can be used for briefings.
- Preparation is Key: To get the most out of your time at the exhibition, prepare well in advance – know what you want to achieve and train your sales people. Pre-schedule anything you can to save time, and dedicate time to exploring the venue before the exhibition. ExCeL is a big and very busy location and there are often multiple shows happening at the same time. Read more about the venue here.